You can join this tour:
In the Lake District from: Ingleton, Kirkby Lonsdale, Oxenholme, Windermere
About the tour
Step into the 1930s world of the hit Channel 5 / Masterpiece PBS show "All Creatures Great & Small". On this tour you will spend a remarkable day visiting film locations you will instantly recognise from the show as you pass through the astonishingly beautiful Yorkshire Dales countryside.
Follow in the footsteps of James, Siegfried, Tristan, Helen and Mrs Hall as you stroll through Darrowby village, past the Vet's Surgery and the Greengrocers to the Drover's Arms. Wave to Mrs Pumphrey and Tricki Woo as you pass by their mansion. You pass over the narrow bridge where James always encounters another vehicle, on your way to Helen's family farm set in the stunning Yorkshire Dales scenery, dotted with sheep and friendly cattle..
You will visit these and other locations in a comfy, air-conditioned minivan accompanied by an experienced driver and an expert guide. There will only be a maximum of 6 guests on your tour so there is plenty of laughter, conversations and photo stops.
You will see:
- The famous church where Helen nearly married wealthy landowner Hugh Hulton.
- Skeldale House, the home of Siegfried, Tristan, James and Mrs Hall.
- The lonely spot where James gets off the bus in the very first episode.
- The village green where Darrowby Fair was held.
- The Drover's Arms, Tristan's favourite watering hole.
- Mrs Pumphrey's mansion, home to Tricki Woo.
- Alderson's Farm, home to Helen, her spirited young sister Jenny and Scruff the dog.
- The perilously narrow bridge where James always seems to encounter another vehicle.
- Stunning landscape of the Yorkshire Dales and its wonderful array of animals.
What is included in this tour:
- Full Day Tour
- Experienced driver for your safety on the narrow and twisty roads
- Experienced guide to provide expert commentary
- Small group of up to 6 people for a more flexible and personalised experience
- Use of personal radio communication technology to keep you in-touch with your guide when you are off the minibus (where applicable)
- Stop for lunch in Grassington (Darrowby)